Primary Cementing - Cementing I - PCE
About the Course
Cementing is a key factor in the well construction plan. The base cement used in the designing of cement slurries may or may not be API class cement. The operating company and the service company personnel should have a good working knowledge of cement slurry design, cement additives, and placement procedures. The majority of the operating companies do not have cement testing laboratories; therefore, the laboratory testing is conducted by service companies.
This course is designed to give a good understanding of how the cement slurries are tested and under what conditions depending on given well parameters. This course will also cover casing hardware (both internal and external), cement blending, cement additive blending (dry and/or liquid), on-site mixing equipment and job execution on location.
"World class expert, glad I was able to learn from him. Lab tour gave a better understanding of practical tests." - Participant, United States
"Loved conversations on lost circ and solutions to same. Very interested in evaluations of cement. Really enjoyed the lab." - Geologist, Canada
Target AudienceOperating and service company personnel responsible for planning, designing, laboratory testing, overseeing, and executing cementing operations.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Design cement slurries using API and/or field adapted procedures and laboratory testing procedures
- Use cement additives in designing cement slurries to improve job success and/or reduce overall job costs
- Design cement jobs to include casing, multi-stage, liner, and tie-back strings
- Design and perform remedial (squeeze) cement jobs to include selection of tools
- Design cement plug slurries and selection of tools to improve overall job success
- Basic cements
- Cement additives
- Laboratory testing
- Casing hardware
- Blending equipment
- Mixing equipment
- Primary cementing
- Remedial cementing
- Plug cementing