About the Skill Module
In this skill module, you will learn a brief history of pipelines and the Company and Contractors’ responsibilities during pipeline construction. Also discussed are key onshore and offshore construction activities.
Target AudienceEngineers or Facilities Engineers involved in design, operation, maintenance or construction of pipelines or pipeline facilities.
You Will Learn
- Company and Contractor responsibilities during the construction phase onshore pipelines in the US
- Options for contracting the major pipeline projects onshore and the factors that determine which method is used
- Key activities during onshore pipeline construction
- Major tasks during each major construction activity
- Describe the Company and Contractor responsibilities during the construction phase offshore pipelines
- Options for constructing offshore pipeline projects and the factors that determine method used
- Key activities and major tasks during offshore pipeline construction
- Challenges and solutions for shore crossings, including Horizontal Directional Drilling, and riser installations