About the Skill Module
In this skill module, you will learn about Earth structure and plate tectonics; types of rocks, the rock cycle, clastic, biogenic, and chemical source sedimentary rocks; historical geology depositional environments; and global vs. regional stratigraphy.
Target AudienceThose who need to achieve a context and understanding of E&P technologies in conventional and unconventional fields, and/or the role of technical departments in oil and gas operations, and/or be able to understand and use the language of the oilfield.
You Will Learn
- The Earth's structure, continental drift, and plate tectonics role in oil and gas exploration
- Rock types and classification in an oil and gas context
- The relationship between depositional environments and geological settings
- The importance of historical geology to finding oil and gas accumulations
- The relative age of rocks and how we date the rocks and understand the paleo climate
- The relationships between global and regional stratigraphy