Gas Lift and ESP Pumps
About the Skill Module
This skill module will examine the reasons why and when artificial lift systems are required and the methodology to select the most appropriate artificial lift technology to meet reservoir and completion requirements. Next, the skill module will specifically describe the engineering design of and operational requirements of Gas Lift and Electrical Submersible Pump well completions types.
Petroleum engineers, production operations staff, reservoir engineers, facilities staff, drilling and completion engineers, geologists, field supervisors and managers, field technicians, service company engineers and managers, and especially engineers starting a work assignment in production engineering and operations or other engineers seeking a well-rounded foundation in production engineering. Prerequisite It is recommended that the learner have previous knowledge of basic Inflow and outflow concepts and related Nodal Analysis principles and applications.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Why artificial lift is required to maximize ultimate recovery
- How to evaluate reservoir and well conditions to choose the appropriate artificial lift system for each set of conditions
- How each artificial lift system works
- How to design and optimize gas lift and ESP completions
- Why surveillance and monitoring of artificial lift systems is essential
- Various API and related design standards and practices that represent key, proven artificial lift performance fundamentals