Basic Drilling, Completion and Workover Operations - BDC - Instructor-led + eLearning
About the Course
Offered in an entirely online format via approximately 40 hours of self-paced, online work.
This course presents the basics of drilling and completion operations, plus post-completion enhancement (workovers). Participants will learn to visualize what is happening downhole, discover what can be accomplished, and learn how drilling and completion can alter reservoir performance. Learn to communicate with drilling and production personnel.
Target AudienceTechnical, field, service, support, and supervisory personnel desiring to gain an awareness of wellbore operations. Excellent for cross-training of other technical disciplines such as reservoir and facility engineers, geoscientists, supervisors, service personnel, and anyone who interacts with drilling, completion or workover engineers.
You Will Learn
- How to comprehend drilling and workover reports
- What can be done within open-hole and cased wells, as a part of reservoir management
- How drilling practices can optimize cash flow and ultimate recovery
- How to communicate with drilling and production personnel
Course ContentThis course is comprised of the following skill modules (Approx. 3 Hours Each):
- Drilling Operations & Well Completions
- Defining Well Objectives
- Bit & Hydraulics
- Drill String & BHA
- Drilling Fluids & Solids Control
- Directional Drilling & Trajectory Design
- Oilfield Casing
- Primary & Remedial Cementing
- Onshore Conventional Well Completion
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Formation Damage & Matrix Stimulation
- Sand Control
- Well Intervention