Black Oil Basics: An Introduction to PVT
This webinar is designed for anyone who is involved in subsurface and production that wants to understand the different types of reservoir fluid and how pressure and temperature changes impact the behaviour of fluids both in the subsurface and through surface facilities.
We will discuss what the differences between different gas and oil phase behavior and how you can classify the different fluids, as well as how the properties of the black oil vary with pressure and temperature. We will highlight how the subsurface and surface behaviour varies and go over some of the correlations that can be used to characterize oil. We will also outline some of the key laboratory tests that are done in order to characterize black oils.
- To provide participants with the knowledge of different reservoir fluids and how these fluids behave with different temperature and pressure
- To provide participants with the knowledge of black oil correlations
- To provide participants with information about lab tests that are done on black oils
What Will Attendees Learn?
- Webinar attendees will enhance their knowledge about the difference between the reservoir fluids from dry gas, wet gas, condensate, volatile and black oils
Attendees will learn how black oil correlations are used to characterize the reservoir fluid and how the fluid behaves with changing pressure and temperature in the reservoir and at the surface
- Attendees will learn about key laboratory tests that are done to characterise black oils
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is critical for anyone who is involved in subsurface characterization and production optimisation, does volumetric calculations or production forecasting. Reservoir Engineers, Production Engineers, Facilities Engineers, Geologists, Reserves Engineers, Data Analysts and Reservoir and Geology Technicians will all benefit from this webinar.
About the Presenter
MS. DEBORAH RYAN is a Senior Reservoir Engineer. She has thirteen years of experience in oil and gas engineering, with experience in both conventional and unconventional. Deborah has an excellent working knowledge of Petrel/Eclipse, CMG, Aries, Petroleum Experts, IHS Harmony, PVTSim, and Microsoft Office Suite. Ms. Ryan has a Masters in Petroleum Engineering and a Bachelors in Chemical Engineering (with Honors), both from Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Australia.