Seismic Interpretation Fundamentals
About the Skill Module
The intent of this skill module is to explain the fundamentals of interpreting reflection seismic data to those that are unfamiliar with this concept.
Geologists, geophysicists, and engineers who want to use seismic data for petroleum exploration and/or production. Familiarity with geological terminology will be helpful.
You Will Learn
You will learn how to
- Identify the skills needed to interpret seismic data
- Identify seismic reflectors and relate to the underlying geology
- Differentiate between faults and horizons on seismic data
- Identify the basics skills required in using workstations
- Display seismic data
- Differentiate between the contouring methods