Seismic for Unconventional Reservoirs
About the Skill Module
This skill module explains why unconventional reservoirs are becoming increasingly important and how we can use conventional geophysical tools for their analysis. We also learn that ‘brittleness’ is the most important rock physics property and how to perform seismic analysis for unconventional reservoirs properties to contribute to sweetspot highgrading. Finally, the skill module explains the concept of microseismic recording, microseismic monitoring, and explains how the microseismic is interpreted using Hodograms in source orientation determination.
Target AudienceGeoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify rock physics for shale reservoirs
- Describe seismic analysis for unconventional reservoirs
- Describe microseismic, including surface and subsurface recording arrays
- Describe source (event) recording and location detection
- Describe three component recording
- Identify the role of Hodograms in source orientation
- Identify the importance of microseismic monitoring in different stress areas