About the Skill Module
This skill module describes how reservoir simulations are used, what goes into them, how they do their calculations, and what comes out of them.
Engineers or geoscientists who will occupy the position of reservoir engineer, and any other technically trained individual who desires a more in-depth foundation in reservoir engineering.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe what kind of data is used by a simulation run
- Describe the kinds of information that can be generated from a simulation run
- Explain, at a high level, how reservoir simulators work
- Describe how simulation models differ during the life of the reservoir
- Describe how models are classified, based on: The type of input data used; The question the model was designed to answer