Reservoir Fluid Displacement Fundamentals
About the Skill Module
This skill module covers the same topics as Reservoir Fluid Displacement Core but goes into greater detail on the topics: Immiscible, linear displacement as dispersed and segregated flow; Aquifers; Coning; Vertical layering.
Engineers or geoscientists who will occupy the position of reservoir engineer, and any other technically trained individual who desires a more in-depth foundation in reservoir engineering.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Calculate the breakthrough time for an oil well using a collection of different methods
- Explain how rock and fluid properties as well as reservoir geometry affect the breakthrough time
- Model the flow of two fluids concurrently through the same rock volume
- Recognize how flow rates and pressure drops vary under two phase flow
- Calculate recovery factors for reservoirs experiencing two phase flow as a function of time
- Use correlations to estimate areal and vertical sweep efficiency
- Calculate water influx into hydrocarbon reservoirs using a variety of aquifer models
- Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of popular aquifer models