Reserves and Resources
About the Skill Module
This skill module brings your attention to reserves management and the difference between resources and reserves at a core competency level.
Engineers or geoscientists who will occupy the position of reservoir engineer, and any other technically trained individual who desires a more in-depth foundation in reservoir engineering.
You Will Learn
- The importance of integration with other disciplines
- Calculations using the volumetric formulas for gas and oil
- The importance of dividing into flow units for dynamic reserves in reservoir simulation
- Reserves management: what it is and how to do it
- The Reservoir Engineer’s input to reserves and resources (R & R)
- How a Geoscientist and Reservoir Engineer work together on reserves
- The risk and uncertainty that drive reserves
- Other non-technical factors that influence R & R
- The standardized process between reserve estimates
- The ethical basis underlying R & R estimations