Relief, Flare, and Depressurization Fundamentals
About the Skill Module
This skill module extends the learning from the corresponding Core module to the Fundamental level. There are quantitative and non-quantitative exercises, and proposed applications at the example facility. There will be two recorded, interactive sessions that will include discussions of applications developed by the course participants.
Target AudienceFacilities/process engineers, as well as engineers and operations staff involved in process safety and asset integrity.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Size a relief valve for vapor service
- Size a relief valve for liquid service
- Describe how to calculate the relief load due to full bore failure of a heat exchanger tube
- Calculate inbreathing and outbreathing for atmospheric tanks
- Identify the key sizing parameters for flare headers and depressuring systems