Instrumentation Selection for Oil and Gas Applications (General)
About the Skill Module
This skill module introduces the learner to the field of instrumentation and control in the oil and gas industry.
Target AudienceFacilities and Project Engineers as well as newly graduated Electrical, Controls and Instrument Engineers (0-5 years) with a need to improve basic understanding of instrumentation and control systems within oil and gas facilities.
You Will Learn
You will learn how to:
- Identify fluid properties as they relate to instruments selection in the oil and gas industry.
- Describe the material selection criteria in instrument selection.
- Gain guidance on some of the material compatibility requirements within the industry
- Discuss the operation of switches, relays and solenoids
- Describe the basic principles underlying the 4-20 mA instrument signal control loop
- Describe typical instrumentation documentation
- Describe the three main types of instrument connections