Instrumentation Selection for Oil and Gas Applications (Analysis)
About the Skill Module
This module focuses on an analysis of the composition of the oil and gas product. Analysis of process streams is common in many industries and can be performed using numerous methods, some of which are covered in this module.
Process, chemical, and mechanical engineers, (i.e., non-instrumentation and non-electrical disciplines), as well as other technical and non-technical professionals with little or no background in IC&E systems.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe the basic elements of an analysis system
- Review the need for basic sediment and water (BS&W) measurement
- Explain the need to measure pH in the oil and gas industry
- Describe the basis of Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC)
- Describe the basis of colorimetry
- Describe the working principle of UV fluorescence
- Select an instrument suitable to measure H2S in a gas stream
- Describe the technologies available for oxygen measurement