E&P Industry and Asset Life Cycle
About the Skill Module
In this skill module, you will learn about asset life cycle economics and the phases of the asset life cycle, including exploration; appraisal; development; and production, including mature production and enhanced oil recovery. You will also learn about the historical, geographical, and modern context of the petroleum industry; its organization, the petroleum value chain; and economic drivers.
Target AudienceThose who need to achieve a context and understanding of E&P technologies in conventional and unconventional fields, and/or the role of technical departments in oil and gas operations, and/or be able to understand and use the language of the oilfield.
You Will Learn
- Historical petroleum occurrences and usage
- The phases of the E&P asset life cycle
- The objectives and processes of the exploration phase of the E&P asset life cycle
- The objectives, processes, and economic metrics of the appraisal phase of the E&P asset life cycle
- The objectives and processes involved in the development and production phase of the E&P asset life cycle
- The objectives and processes involved in the mature production phase in the E&P asset life cycle
- Basic reserves and production value concepts