Defining Well Objectives
About the Skill Module
This skill module provides an overview of how various well objectives contribute to the understanding of the asset. Key stakeholders and the activities that impact the well plan are discussed. Also explained in this skill module are why well objectives change over the life of the asset and the commonly used key performance metrics for the drilling discipline.
Target AudienceTechnical staff, business professionals, technicians, analysts and other non-technical staff who are involved with but have limited experience with drilling operations.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify stakeholders in an effort to define well objectives
- Explain how various well objectives contribute to understanding of the asset
- Identify activities focused on achieving well objectives and how they may impact the well plan
- Explain why well objectives change over the life of the asset
- Identify commonly employed performance metrics for the drilling discipline