Control Valves for Oil and Gas Applications
About the Skill Module
This skill module provides an overview of the control valves and actuation devices commonly used in oil and gas operations. The focus is to understand terminology, concepts, typical equipment configurations, and common pitfalls in order to make proper selection that is fit for application.
Target AudienceProcess, chemical, and mechanical engineers, (i.e. non-instrumentation and non-electrical disciplines), as well as other technical and non-technical professionals with little or no background in IC&E systems.
You Will Learn
- An overview of valve construction
- Various methods of valve actuation
- The relevance of the vena contracta
- The difference between flashing and cavitation
- Various types of control valves
- Various types of actuation devices
- A basic overview of pressure regulators and their applications