Petroleum Project Management: Principles and Practices - PPM
About the Course
Successful petroleum operations need a blend of technology, business savvy, and people skills. If you have a firm grasp of exploration or production technology, boost its impact by applying project management techniques. Running a staged program that integrates reservoir modelling, production estimating, drilling, and facility design is challenging. The tools and techniques covered in this course will help you meet that challenge.
Upon completion, you will know how to:
- Make better decisions in field development that lead to high value and low cost
- Develop integrated plans to run the overall program
- Develop key deliverables for each stage of development to reduce uncertainty
Instruction, guided discussions and in-depth work tasks are used. You may choose a case study from several real-life situations that are based on the instructor's petroleum experience. Or you may bring the details of one of your own current programs.
"Lecturer was very passionate to teach and answer our questions." - Project Coordinator, Japan
This course counts toward PMI Project Development Units (PDUs) through continuing education. Completion Certificates may be submitted to PMI as required to document third-party training.
Exploration and production personnel with a background in geoscience, petroleum engineering or drilling should attend. If you are a facilities engineer, we refer you to our Project Management for Engineering and Construction (FPM22) and Project Management for Upstream Field Development (FPM2) courses.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Navigate the staged development process
- Manage the interfaces among exploration, drilling and facility groups
- Properly define a scope of work
- Create a realistic, integrated schedule
- Find and reduce petroleum development risks
- Develop a high-performance team
- Capture lessons learned
- The staged development process
- Scope definition
- Scheduling tools
- Manpower resources
- Finding and mitigating risks
- Learning, continuous improvement, and quality control
- Project team management
- Petroleum case studies and exercises