Petrophysical Data and Open Hole Logging Operations
About the Skill Module
This skill module is an introduction to a specialized area of E&P called Petrophysics. The field operations and technologies required to identify and quantify oil and gas resources are introduced. Topics include Well Logging, MWD/LWD, and an introduction to Petrophysics and petrophysical data acquisition. The material presented is at the awareness competency level.
Target AudienceGeoscientists and engineers with less than twelve months experience using petrophysical data, Ideal for other technical staff and non-technical staff (e.g., management, drilling operations, technical support staff, finance, legal, IT, supply chain management, and others) at all experience levels wanting a basic background in the petrophysics discipline. This skill module lays the foundation for effective communications between the Subsurface Team and everyone else in the E&P Industry including Service Company and Government employees.
You Will Learn
- The concept, scope and basics of "Petrophysics"
- How Petrophysics integrates with the other subsurface specialties (Geology, Geophysics, Reservoir Engineering, Drilling Engineering)
- The importance of sufficient petrophysical data to achieve correct reservoir modeling
- The emphasis is on borehole environment and openhole logging
- Petrophysical data acquisition
- Openhole well logging