Learning and Development Coordinator
PetroSkills LLC provides training coordination and basic LMS administration for a specific client. The L&D Coordinator is a customer-facing role responsible to oversee and maintain client relationships as well as support the clients use of our software systems. This includes, but is not limited to scheduling courses, organizing logistics, and managing PetroSkills subcontractors. The location for this position is in the client office in downtown Houston, TX a minimum of 3 days per week. Actual client training courses will be in various operational sites in the US and Canada. This position is Contract to Hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the client L&D team and client learners in administrative tasks such as scheduling, organizing, and facilitating L&D sessions and workshops in various locations in the US and Canada.
- Respond to customer queries and requests via in person communication or phone, email, Microsoft Teams, or other electronic means.
- Manage logistics for venues, organizing suitable classrooms, liaising with PetroSkills subcontractors, facilitating delivery of printed material.
- Track progress of all L&D initiatives and improve existing programs by evaluating objectives and specifications, review proposed changes and making recommendations
- Collaborate with client and PetroSkills team members responsible to ensure L&D activities, attendance, and results of assessments are captured accurately and program enrollment runs smoothly.
- Cultivate and grow client relationship while looking for additional opportunities to expand the PetroSkills footprint.
- Understand PetroSkills L&D offerings such that appropriate development activities may be recommended to the client. maintain client confidence
- Administer Purchase Orders for 3rd party training providers and PetroSkills invoices to the client
- Assist client by providing demonstrations of software solutions and e-learning content in order to expand the PetroSkills footprint.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills; customer focused and results-oriented attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Learning Management Systems
- Proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines, be an effective team player and proactively offer assistance when needed
- Ability to maintain accurate department records and collect/follow-up on feedback to continuously improve quality of services,
- A positive, energetic, and enthusiastic personality with a keen appreciation for customer service,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to be on call and attend to issues outside of normal business hours
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management best practices
- Ability to provide customer service while maintaining tact and diplomacy
- Strong time management skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, information technology, or a similar field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Good project management background
- 3-5 years of L&D experience and/or client support specialist or similar role with prior customer service experience in a role requiring extensive customer interaction preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products including TEAMS, and WebEx preferred
- Oil and gas industry and process knowledge preferred
- Previous Training Business Process Outsourcing
- Occasionally may lift between 5-25 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors. The position does not typically travel.
PetroSkills provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin.