Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Are you ready to work for a company whose solutions are built on expertise and real-world experience in every corner of the oil and gas value chain? PetroSkills services and solutions connect learning to the workplace, allowing employers to manage and assure the competence of workers at every level. Come help us make a difference!
Under the leadership of the Software Development Director, the Software Development Engineer in Test is responsible for driving the quality of our commercially available SaaS web applications.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong foundation in programming coupled with solid analytical abilities for understanding and translating business needs to application requirements. An interest in playing a key role in the evolvement of our QA processes and software development lifecycle is important.
The engineer will work closely with the development team in an Agile environment and will be responsible for performing functional, regression and system testing on our applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain UFT and Selenium automated testing platforms
- Translate application requirements into effective written and automated test scripts
- Test and track application issues
- Proactively work with the software development team in problem analysis, reproduction, and resolution
- Define and own the QA processes and strategies in an Agile development environment
- Lead and coordinate testing efforts
- Stay abreast of new technologies and strategies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Competence with C# and HTML required
- Experience with automated testing technologies like UFT or Selenium is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL Server is a plus
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance is a plus
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to fully understand a product in terms of its ability to meet the needs of its users
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and CERTIFICATION:
- - Formal education in computer science preferred, or equivalent job-related experience in regression testing required
- Relevant Technical Certifications are a plus
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Send resume and cover letter here